Welcome to our online art supplies store!
Oil paint is a type of slowly drying paint made up of pigment granules suspended in a drying oil that, when exposed to air, hardens into a colourful film. Oil paints mix nicely with one another, making it easy to create subtle colour variations and more quickly add elements of light and shadow. They are a versatile and well-liked medium that artists utilise for various projects.
Here’s all you need to know about oil paints.
What are Oil paints Made of?
Like all other paints, Oil paints comprise three major components: pigment, Oil, and a solvent or thinner.
- Pigment: The material that gives paint its colour is called a pigment. Pigments can be organic or inorganic and are typically ground into a fine powder before being combined with the Oil.
- Oil: The most common Oil used in oil paint is linseed oil, but other oils can also be used, including safflower oil, poppy seed oil, and walnut oil. As a binder, the Oil keeps the pigment granules together and functions as a medium for the paint to flow.
- Solvent or thinner: The solvent or thinner is added to thin out and make the paint more workable. Oil paint is typically dissolved in turpentine or mineral spirits.
Depending on the desired consistency and properties of the paint, the ratio of pigment to Oil and solvent can be altered.
What are Oil Paints Used for?
Oil paints are a popular and versatile material that artists employ to create a variety of artistic creations.
- Painting on canvas: The most used medium for painting on canvas or thicker boards is oil paint. This medium can easily create artwork with various textures, tones, and colour gradations.
- Painting landscapes: Oil paints are also used for painting landscapes because they can capture the finer details of nature, such as the interaction of light and shadow.
- Portraiture: Oil paints’ capacity to produce subtle gradations of colour and texture makes them ideal for making realistic portraits.
- Historical paintings: Oil paints are often used in historical paintings because they may produce textured, rich pieces that can last for years.
- Still life painting: Oil paints are also employed in still life paintings, in which the artist arranges everyday objects like fruits, flowers, and other domestic goods to produce a work of art.
Regardless of the chosen surface, Preparing the surface with a coat of acrylic primer-like gesso is a good idea. This produces a surface that is suitable for oil-based paints.
Why Should you invest in Oil paints?
- Oil paints are versatile and can be used on various surfaces, including paper, wood, canvas and metal.
- Oil paints are slow drying, allowing painters to combine colours and make seamless transitions.
- Oil paints create vibrant, deep hues with depth and brilliance.
- Oil paintings are a long-lasting investment since, with proper care, they can last for years.
- Even after drying, oil paintings are forgiving and simple to alter or modify.
- From thick impasto to smooth glazes, oil paints are competent in producing various textures.
- Oil paints are perfect for producing intricate and detailed artwork because of their slow drying characteristics, which allow artists to work on a painting over a longer period.
- Oil painting is a classic medium used for millennia and connects artists to art history.
On our website, we provide Oil paints in various colours and at affordable costs. Here is a list of the Best Oil paint products in Pakistan that are offered on our website:
- Daler Rowney Simply Oil Paint Set – 12ml Tubes
- Daler Rowney Georgian Oil Paint Set Of 10 Pcs 38ml Tubes
- Daler Rowney Graduate Oil Paint Set of 10 Pcs In 38ml Tubes for Professionals.
- Daler Rowney Graduate Oil Paints Set Of 36 – 22ML
- Daler Rowney Graduate Oil Paint Tubes 38ml for Professionals
- Daler Rowney Graduate Metallic Oil Paint Tubes In 38ml
- Daler Rowney Georgian Oil Paint Tubes In 225ml for Artists
- Classic Oil Colour Tubes In 38ml For Artists & Students.
- Daler Rowney Georgian Water Mixable Oil Paints Set Of 6 – 20ml Tubes
- Georgian Water Mixable Oil Paint Set of 10 Pcs 37ml Tubes
Q1. What are the different types of Oil Paints available on your website?
Our website has oil paints from the best brand and in different price ranges. We have oil paint sets for beginners, students, artists and professionals. We have a wide range of oil paints, from water-mixable Oil paints to metallic Oil paint tubes and much more. The list is given above.
Q2. What is the shelf life of Oil Paints?
Oil paints are one of the most durable types of art supplies. Depending on how they are made and the storage circumstances, they may have a shelf life of 30 to 40 years.
Q3. Are your Oil Paints high-quality and professional-grade?
Yes! The Oil paints available on our website are from the best brand, and we have a variety for all users. Our Oil paints are versatile, durable, vibrant and easy to work with. You can create all sorts of artwork from these paints.
Q4. What are some common techniques used with Oil Paints?
Many techniques can be used with oil paints. Here are some common ones:
- Alla Prima.
Q5. How to Store Oil Paints?
Oil paintings should be kept away from direct sunlight, sealed tightly, upright, in an airtight container, and in a cool, dry location.
Q6. What is the Difference between Oil and Acrylic Paints?
Oil paints take longer to dry, have a glossy finish, and are more flexible, whereas acrylic paints are fast-drying, have a matte finish, and are more inflexible.
Q7. How long do Oil Paints take to dry on the canvas?
In 18 to 24 hours, the Oil paint on the canvas becomes touch dry. But remember that your work’s drying timeframes will also be influenced by the paint’s thickness and the room’s temperature.
We hope that the information provided above has answered all of your questions.