Welcome to our online art supplies store!
All You Need to Know About Acrylic Paints
Acrylic paints are made of pigment disseminated in acrylic polymer emulsion. Acrylic paints are mostly water-based, but on drying out, they become water-resistant. Acrylic paint sets sold by us will never disappoint you. So, we will provide you with enough information to help you buy worthy acrylic paints.
What are Acrylic Paints Made of?/Main Components
Acrylic paints don’t have a complex composition as they are made up of only three components:
- Acrylic Pigments:
The pigment gives colour to the paint. Pigments are grainy solids ground into tiny particles which do not dissolve in paint; they instead remain suspended. The pigment can be natural, synthetic, organic or inorganic.
- Acrylic Binder:
As the pigment does not dissolve in paint, a substance is needed to hold the pigment in place after the paint is dried. Binder does that job. Acrylic polymer is used as a binder in acrylic paints. It also forms a protective layer once the water has evaporated from the paint.
- Acrylic Vehicle:
The Vehicle carries the pigment and binder. Water is the Vehicle that carries the binder and the pigment for acrylic paints. When water is combined with the binder, a polymeric emulsion is created. After the water is evaporated or absorbed, the paint makes a vivid polymer film full of coloured pigment particles.
What are Acrylic Paints Used for?
Acrylic paints are highly versatile in their usage. Acrylic paints can paint on almost all non-greasy surfaces, such as paper, canvas, board, wood, leather, metal, fabric, cement, glass, brick, and pottery. Acrylic paint sets can also be used for furniture renewal.
Different textures of acrylic paints can be created for different purposes, such as they can be thickened or thinned.
Moreover, Acrylic paints can be used by both professionals and beginners. Professionals also prefer to use acrylic paints as they are fast drying and easy to work with. Acrylic colour tubes can also be used by children for school projects as they are non-toxic and can be washed off immediately. Teenagers seeking to earn can also use acrylic paints to make resin jewellery or ceramic moulds. It can be used by people of all age groups for various purposes.
What are the Benefits of Using Acrylic Paint Sets?
Here are a few reasons which justify the popularity of Acrylic Paints:
- They are Fast-drying.
- They can be easily cleaned and washed.
- They don’t come off after being dried.
- You can change their texture according to your needs.
- They are non-toxic.
- They are more flexible than all other paints.
- It offers a wide variety of colours.
- Acrylic paints are less expensive compared to oil paints.
- Acrylic painting techniques are easy to learn.
- Acrylic paint sets are available in different price ranges.
- It is best for beginners.
We offer Acrylic products in a wide range and at reasonable prices. Here’s a list of the best Acrylic paints in Pakistan that are available on our website:
- Daler Rowney Simply Large Acrylic Paints 250ml Tubes
- Folk Art Pre-Mixed Acrylic Pouring Paints In 236ML
- Daler Rowney Artist Clear Picture Varnish 75ml – For Oil Paints & Acrylic
- Pastel Acrylic Paint Marker In White & Black – 0.7mm
- Pastela Metallic Acrylic Paint Marker Set Of 6 – 0.7mm
- Pastel Acrylic Paint Marker Set Of 12 – 0.7mm Extra Fine Tip
- Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Matt Medium – 250ml
- Daler Rowney Soluble Matt Varnish For Acrylics – 75ml
- Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Set Of 10 Pieces – 18ml
- Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Paper Pad – 190 Gsm 16 Sheets
- Daler Rowney System 3 Acrylic Textile Medium 250ml
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Glaze Medium Gloss & Matt 250ml
- Folkart Color Shift Metallic Acrylic Paint 59ml
- Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Inks – Set Of 6 Primary Colors
- Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylic Paint Set of 48 Pcs – 22ml Tubes
- Folk Art Crackle Medium 118ml For Cracking Acrylic Paint
- Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylic Paint Set 22ml (Pack Of 12)
- Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Artist Ink – White 30ML
- Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Artist Ink – Silver 30ML
- Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Artist Ink – Gold 30ML
- Daler Rowney System 3 Acrylic Jars 250ml – Artist Quality
- Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylic 500ml Jars In Artist Quality.
- Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Paint Jars In 750ml
- Daler Rowney Soluble Gloss Varnish For Acrylics – 75ml
- Acrylic Pouring Medium 236ML by Apple Barrel
- Daler Rowney Artist Clear Picture Spray Varnish 400ml – For Oil & Acrylic
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Flow Enhancer in 75ml Bottle
- Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Gloss Medium – 250ml
- Mother Of Pearl Structure Gel in 250ml Tube for Acrylics
- Daler Rowney Simply Texture Paste 250ML – For Acrylics
- Daler Rowney Artist Black Gesso Primer 250ml – For Oil Colors & Acrylics
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Texture Paste 250ml (Artist Quality)
- Daler Rowney Simply Gesso Primer 500ml – For Oil Colors & Acrylics.
- Impasto Gel Medium Gloss & Matt for Acrylics in 75ml Tube
- Daler Rowney System3 Liquid Retarder For Acrylics – 250ml
- Daler Rowney Decoupage Medium for Acrylics & Other Mediums.
- Daler Rowney Simply Neon & Glow Acrylic Paint 12ml Tubes Set of 6 Pcs.
- Daler Rowney Simply Glow In Dark Acrylic Tubes 75ml
- Daler Rowney Graduate Acrylic Paint 120ml for Professionals.
- Daler Rowney System 3 Acrylic Paint 59ml – Artist Quality
- Daler Rowney System3 Acrylic Paint Titanium White – 500ml
- Daler Rowney System3 Acrylic Paint Fluorescent Red – 500ml
- Daler Rowney System3 Acrylic Paint Fluorescent Pink – 500ml
Q1. Which Company’s Acrylic Paints are the Best in Pakistan?
Daler Rowney Acrylic Paints are the best acrylic paints available online on our website. Daler acrylic paint sets are full coverage, streak-free and suitable for beginners and professionals. They come in all price ranges but are worth the price.
Q2. Is acrylic paint permanent?
After drying out, acrylic paints are permanent and colourfast. The painted surface becomes flexible and strong.
Q3. What is the difference between paint and acrylic paint?
The main difference between acrylic and regular paints is that Acrylic paints contain chemicals which allow them to be durable in different weather and temperatures. Also, Acrylics are fast drying and easy to clean, whereas other paints, like oil paints, take time to dry and are extremely hard to clean.
Q4. Why do artists choose acrylic paint?
Acrylic paints are famous among artists because they can give the same look as oil paint but smoothly and in less time. Projects using Acrylic paints are ready to sell speedily.
Because of their versatility, permanence, low toxicity and adhesiveness, Acrylic paints are preferred for all sorts of projects by artists.
Q5. Does acrylic paint need water?
No! There’s no need to add water to acrylic paints as they are already water-based. The sole reason for adding water to acrylic paints is to change their texture or characteristics for artistic needs.
Q6. Is it important to varnish Acrylic Paintings?
You must varnish your Acrylic paintings to protect them from dust, sun and yellowing.
We hope that all this above information has cleared all your queries.
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, our website will provide you with the best Acrylic paints in Pakistan, which will not just help you color any surface, but your life!