Welcome to our online art supplies store!
Watercolour paint is a water-soluble paint holding pigments in suspension in a water-based solution. When applied to paper or other absorbent surfaces, the watercolour pigment is translucent and produces fine fluid colour washes. Because of their luminosity, watercolour paintings can be anything from highly realistic and realistically detailed to abstract and expressive.
Here are the further details.
What is the Composition of Watercolor Paints?
Watercolour paints contain three main ingredients: pigments, binders, and solvents.
- Pigments: Pigments are finely crushed powders that give colour to the paint. They may be produced using chemicals or natural resources such as plants or minerals.
- Binders: Binders are chemicals that bind the pigment granules and help them stick to the canvas. The most popular binder in watercolour paints is gum arabic, a naturally occurring tree sap.
- Solvents: Solvents are fluids that aid in making paint flow easily and be worked with. Water serves as the solvent in watercolour paints, making cleanup simple and the paint safe for use by artists.
Moreover, certain watercolour paints may have additives like preservatives, fillers, or surfactants that may alter the characteristics and functionality of the paint.
What Purposes Do Watercolor Paints Serve?
Watercolour paints serve many purposes, including:
- Creative expression: Artists primarily use watercolour paints to produce vibrant, expressive paintings. They permit a wide variety of approaches, from delicate washes to solid and vivid strokes.
- Design: Logos, posters, and other visual designs can be made with watercolours in graphic design. They are very helpful for achieving a soft, natural texture.
- Illustration: To add colour to drawings and sketches, illustrators frequently use watercolours. They are especially well-liked for use in editorial drawings and children’s books.
- Therapy: In art therapy, watercolour painting is frequently utilised as a calming and meditative exercise to help clients express their emotions and lessen stress.
- Education: Watercolor paints are often used in art classes to teach students about colour theory, composition, and other fundamental painting concepts. Students and children mostly use them for their art projects.
Generally, Watercolour paints are adaptable and frequently used in the arts and crafts sector. They have unique characteristics, including transparency, brilliance, and unpredictability, which interest many designers and artists.
What are the benefits of buying Watercolour paints?
The benefits of buying and using watercolour paints are as follows:
- They are water-based, making them much easier and less messy to use than other paints.
- Mineral watercolour paints do not have a strong scent.
- They dry rapidly, which is beneficial because it allows you to quickly move on to your project’s next steps.
- Watercolours are one of the easiest artistic mediums to work with because they are simple to use, enjoyable to work with, and simple to mix and apply.
- Watercolours are compact and simple to carry. Amazing for “en plein air” sketches.
- It’s very easy to clean Watercolor paints. Therefore, it’s best for children as well.
- Since watercolour paints are transparent, they may be built up to produce bright and subtle hues, which are challenging to achieve with other mediums.
Here’s a list of the wide range of Watercolor paint products we have on our website:
- Daler Rowney Simply Transparent Watercolor Tubes Set
- Daler-Rowney Simply Watercolor Painting Set Of 25 Piece
- Daler Rowney Simply Gouache Paint Set – 12ml Tubes
- ST Gouache Powder In Basic Colors
- ST Gouache Powder In Fluorescent Colors
- ST Artist’s Extra Fine Watercolor Set – 5ml Tubes
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Transparent Watercolor Set Of 12
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Transparent Watercolor Paint Set of 24
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Studio Set of 48
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Transparent Watercolor Paint Set of 18 In Tin Box
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Transparent Watercolors Set of 24 In Tin Box
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Half Pan Pack Of 2 – Gold/Silver
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Introduction Set of 12 x 8ml
- Daler Rowney Professional Designers Gouache Paint Set 6 x 15ML
- Daler Rowney Designers Gouache Paint Set Of 12x15ml
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Gouache Color Introduction Set Of 12 x 15ML
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Gouache Colour Starter Set Of 6 x 15ML
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Gouache Gold Shade – 15ml
- Giotto Watercolour Paint Set of 12 Pcs
- Aero Opaque Watercolour Paint Set Of 12 Pcs In Tin Box
- Daler Rowney Simply Gouache Paint Starter Pack Of 16
- ST Transparent Watercolor Cake Set For Students
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolor Ink – Gold 30ML
- Daler Roweny Aquafine Watercolor Inks – Silver 30ML
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Ink – Chinese White 30ML
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolor Ink Set of 6
We have the best range of Watercolor paint products with the best price range in Pakistan. From Gouache Paint Sets to Transparent watercolour sets, we have it all.
Q1. How do I choose the best Watercolour paints for my art projects?
While selecting watercolour paints for your artwork, take into account the brand’s reputation, pricing, colour range, quality, transparency, and personal preferences.
Q2. What kind of Watercolor paint is best?
The “best” watercolour paint is a matter of taste and project requirements. Better lightfastness and colour intensity are often characteristics of premium paints created with premium binders and pure pigments.
Q3. Which Watercolours are best for beginners?
It’s typically advised for beginners to start with a basic set of watercolours that includes several more hues in addition to a variety of main colours. We have a wide range of collections from Daler Rowney, which are suitable for beginners as well as professionals.
Q4. What is Watercolour paint good for?
Watercolour paint is a flexible material that can be used for mixed media, art journals, calligraphy, painting, and illustration. It is a preferred option for designers and artists because of its mobility, transparency, and ease of usage.
Q5. Is Watercolour paint washable?
Yes! Watercolour paint is water-soluble and can be washed away from most surfaces with water. However, some pigments may stain certain surfaces or fabrics. So, it’s wise to test the paint on a small, discrete area before applying it to a wider surface.
The above information is enough to clear all your queries and help you make the right choice.